Soft tacos seem to be all the rage right now, with different variations of these savory stuffed tortillas found on almost every restaurant menu. From local neighborhood pubs to finer dining establishments, soft tacos have become increasingly popular over the past few years. The good news is that they are also incredibly simple to make at home! Today, we are happy to share a recipe for scrumptious and healthy fish tacos. We topped these tacos with our tangy summer slaw that we shared in a previous recipe post. To learn how to make this summer slaw, click here.
- Cod/Sole/Halibut – 6 filets
- Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Salsa and/or Guacamole (optional)
- Summer Slaw (optional)
- Heat your frying pan to medium-high and melt your oil until it coats the pan.
- Add your fish to the pan and season to taste. Flip the pieces halfway through and cook until the fish is white and flakey.
- In a separate frying pan, warm your tortillas.
- Once your fish is thoroughly cooked, remove it from the frying pan and break it into bite-sized chunks.
- Layer your tortillas with salsa, guacamole, fish, and summer slaw.
Experiment with different seasonings like garlic, tarragon, or dill to change the flavor of this dish. Add some squeezed lemon for some extra zing.
These fish tacos are simple-to-prepare, healthy, and flavorful, making them a natural addition to your regular dinner rotation. Fish is one of the healthiest foods you can eat and combine it with fresh avocado and our zesty summer slaw makes for an amazingly well-balanced and nutritious meal. So, it’s time to skip the unhealthier options offered by your local eateries and enjoy this delicious dish at home.
You don't have to live with constant digestive turmoil. Learn how to improve your gut safely and naturally here.