Sometimes our recipe inspirations come from the unlikeliest of sources! This quick and easy Tomato Feta Pasta dish has recently been showcased in countless Tik Tok and Instagram videos, and it looked just too good to be true. We decided to test this recipe out for ourselves and I am happy to report, we definitely were not disappointed. This dish easy enough for anyone to make has minimal prep time, uses simple ingredients that can be found in any grocery store, and the rich flavor is sure to satisfy even the fussiest of taste buds. We recommend giving this hearty pasta dish a try.
- 2 packages of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Chilli powder
- 1 block feta (8 oz)
- 3 sprigs thyme or oregano
- 10 oz. pasta
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and chili powder and toss to combine with thyme or oregano.
2. Place feta into the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle the top with the remaining olive oil. Add crushed or minced garlic on top of the feta. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tomatoes are bursting and the feta is golden on top.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the tomato and feta dish. Add the reserved pasta water and lemon zest (if using) to the skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.
This dish is designed to be quick and simple, but you can add your own twist to the recipe if you like. Feel free to add some chicken or prawns for added protein.
This recipe is a great example of how you don’t need to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen to create a hearty and healthy dish that is sure to please the entire family. The idea for this video came from social media, but we also love to hear from you, our valued LLW members. Be sure to let us know if you have a healthy recipe that you would like to share with our team. We can’t wait to test it out in our LLW kitchen!
Enjoyed this recipe? Discover 101 healthy anti-inflammatory recipes that will tempt your taste buds here.