Rice paper rolls are both delicious and nutritious. In addition to being vegan-friendly, these tasty treats are low in carbohydrates and fat, and full of fiber and nutrients, making them the perfect snack or meal. It’s time to give these delicious dumplings a try. They’re sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 leek stalk
- 1 shallot
- 2 green onions
- 4 brown mushrooms or cremini
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for sautee)
- Tempura sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rice paper
- Chop up the veggies.
- Sautee all vegetable ingredients, pepper, and sauces to taste on medium heat until tender, but not mushy.
- In the meantime, boil water for the rice paper.
- Remove the vegetable filling mixture from the heat and put it in a bowl you can easily scoop from.
- Dip one rice paper on one side and then the other side and move to a plate. Rice paper doesn't have to become soft in the water – it will soften on the plate. If you leave it in the water too long it will stick together, and you won’t be able to add the filling.
- Repeat this step with another rice paper and layer it on top of the first one. Add mixture and wrap it like a baby in a blanket. Set aside and repeat this process for the remainder of the vegetable filling.
- Add coconut oil to your saucepan at medium heat. Add each filled rice pocket to the pan. Flip after 15-20 seconds or golden and crispy. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour tempura sauce into a dipping dish and enjoy your dumplings!
Increase the protein in this dish by adding tofu. You can also make these dumplings your own by changing the veggie filling. Try green beans, bok choi, or broccoli to change things up. These dumplings can also be frozen to enjoy at a later date.
You can find rice paper in the International Foods section of most grocery stores, so they are easy to find. Vegetable rice paper dumplings are quick and easy to make yet bursting with nutrition, so there’s no better way to get your fiber, vitamins, and minerals, all in one dish. Give these delicious dumplings a try and let us know what you think.
Click here if you're looking for even more delicious and nutritious recipes to fuel your body. Your taste buds and waistline will thank you.